There is something very special about gifts from the garden to a granddaughter.
Nothing replaces the warmth, the laughter, the joy and the delight of families coming together creatively. Emma chose to have her wedding in her grandma’s garden. It was a garden she had played in as a child, made wishes and dreamed dreams. It was where her grandma planted trees of hope that represented her heartfelt dreams for her granddaughter. It was this stage that Emma chose to whisper her heart promises to Dan.
Emma’s dad Michael built the beautiful arbour. Parents Carl, Cassandra, Michael and Michelle were just smitten with excitement about the day.
Our heart just melted when Emma’s gran blessed Dan and Emma with this beautiful blessing:
” Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
Daniel and Emma chose to have a buffet at the Tailrace Centre and again Gran’s flowers were the centrepiece.
- Mixed salad leaves with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and Spanish onions
- Caesar salad with crisp cos lettuce, bacon, garlic croutons, parmesan and creamy dressing
- Potato salad with garden fresh herbs and seeded mustard aioli
- Cured and smoked sliced meats served with tomato and peppercorn relish
- Honey glazed pumpkin tossed with sesame seeds
- Roasted chat potatoes with paprika and parsley butter
- Lightly steamed seasonal greens in palm sugar and soy
- Roasted root vegetables with garlic and herbs
- Char grilled grain fed chicken marinated in garlic and oregano
- Roasted mustard and thyme crusted sirloin of beef with horseradish cream
- s of freshly made cakes and slices
- Bottled banoffee pie
- Individual passionfruit and cream meringues
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Raspberry coulis
- Chocolate sauce