HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
This advice is in relation to the Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe in Launceston Tasmania.
Last updated: 13 March 11am
We want to update you on Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and the steps that we are taking.
We are closely monitoring advice from the Department of Health and following this advice. As advice from the Department of Health changes, we will reflect these changes in our policies and in this Notice. An up to date copy of this notice will be maintained at https://www.tailracecentre.com.au
We are doing all that we can to ensure that the Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe are maintained at the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene.
We are also advertising and encouraging the importance of proper hygiene techniques to all staff and attendees of the Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe with:
- the installation of ‘proper hand-washing procedure’ posters in all bathrooms and hand-washing stations
- Asking that staff and attendees avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Encouraging staff to stay home and seek medical advice if exhibiting any of the warning signs of COVID-19.
We are taking increased steps to maintain a clean facility by:
- Increasing the amount of tissue boxes and hand-sanitiser stations available throughout the building
- Ensuring that hygiene materials are kept well stocked (e.g. Soap, paper towels)
- Regularly cleaning of all necessary surfaces (e.g. Handrails, door handles)
- Ensuring that necessary equipment sterilised/sanitised on a regular schedule
We will be removing some menus from being available (ie shared banquets) and will be introducing new menus that will be better suited to maintaining hygiene standards required in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus.
We will also be monitoring recommendations and requirements from the Health Department in relation to maximum numbers of attendees at events at the Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe stay within these recommendations and requirements.
What we ask of you is that:
- If you or your child are feeling unwell in particular if you have cold or flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat etc.), please do not attend Kids Paradise, the Tailrace Centre or any activity or event conducted at the Tailrace Centre. Please stay home and rest, seek medical attention.
- If you have travelled from mainland China, Iran, Italy or the Republic of Korea within the last 14 days, do not attend.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, you should have already received medical attention and been instructed to be in home isolation and not attend.
- If you have a COVID-19 test result pending, please do not attend.
- We ask that you please practice good hygiene by frequently washing your hands with either soap or hand sanitiser.
- If you cough or sneeze, please turn so that you are not facing anyone and do so into a handkerchief or tissue which you then promptly dispose of in a safe manner.
- Please also restrict hand to hand contact at gatherings and use sensible precautions when in closer proximity to others.
- Parents, if your children are unwell, please keep them home. Any child who falls ill (fever, cough, runny nose) during a program will be required to be collected promptly.
We must all take the Coronavirus pandemic seriously as it’s a serious global crisis with wide reaching effects. It’s important that we must all do what we can to slow it’s spread as well as minimising the risks to ourselves whilst at the same time assisting those in need.
We can do this in a number of ways that include praying:
- for those who are infected with the virus
- that the virus will be slowed and its reach reduced
- that an effective vaccine will soon be developed and made available
- for the safety and strength of health workers
- for wisdom for our nation’s and state’s leaders
- for the livelihoods of many whose jobs and businesses are being effected
Other ways we can care for people include staying connected via phone and social media.
We pray that you will remain healthy and safe. If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03 63274538.
Sharon and Tim O’Neill
Senior Leaders, The Tailrace Centre and Tailrace Cafe